Video Reflection Rubric
When writing a blog post to share on your T4T blog for an assignment, please follow the following rubric. When graded, full credit will only be awarded for posts meeting ALL these requirements.
- Title: Give your blog post an appropriate, short and engaging title. Think of this as writing a headline for a newspaper article. Get people's attention, but focus on the topic of the post.
- Style: Write with a natural style, including hyperlinks as appropriate and relevant. Do NOT write "click here to see the video," instead write the title of the video and then link that title.
- Hyperlinks: Include relevant hyperlinks in your post. At a minimum, include a link to the original video on which you are reflecting.
- Embedded Video: Embed the video in your blog post after an introductory paragraph, using provided embed code on the website. (Use this screencast to learn how.)
- Content: Answer and respond to the following questions / prompts in your post. Write at least one paragraph in response to each question / prompt at a minimum.
- What is your most significant "takeaway" or learning point from the video? Why? Elaborate in detail.
- How does this video / the ideas of this video relate or connect with your own experiences from your life. Elaborate.
- What are some of the implications of this video / the ideas of this video for your own teaching practice and pedagogic creed as a educator?
| No Credit|| Half Credit|| Full Credit|
| Title||Title is irrelevant or inappropriate||Title is weak|| Title is appropriate,short and engaging|
| Style||Writing is very short, poorly worded, nonsensical,and/or incomplete||Writing is OK but a bit stilted||Writing style is natural|
|Hyperlinks||No hyperlinks are included||At least 1 hyperlink is included, but it is not naturally linked (it reads "click here")||Several appropriate hyperlinks are included, and they are linked in natural language which flows as it is read. (No "click here" links)|
| Embedded Video||No embedded videos are included||n/a||Referenced videos are embedded within the post.|
| Content||Content is very short, not thoughtful, seems inauthentic.||Mediocre ideas.||Well thought-out ideas, lots of elaboration, authentic voice is evident.|