is a web-based digital storytelling environment. VoiceThread is 1 option discussed in the wiki, Explore Talk with Media
VoiceThread Assignment Part 1
- Create a free EDUCATOR VoiceThread account. (use this link for the free educator account)
- View and comment on at least 1 VoiceThead digital story on Great Book Stories.
- Post about the VoiceThread, link and EMBED it on a new blog post on your blog.
VoiceThread can be used in MANY different ways as an assignment task or assessment. The VoiceThread 4 Education
wiki includes numerous examples of student projects using VoiceThread in different grade levels and different content areas.
VoiceThread Assignment Part 2
- Upload the Avatar you created for our Avatar Assignment to use as your avatar / icon in VoiceThread.
- Create your own, original VoiceThread digital story, using AT LEAST five photos about a topic of your choice.
- If you are struggling for a topic, share a brief book report in the format of the Great Book Stories project.
- You will need to obtain or borrow a microphone to record audio on EACH of your photos.
- Add a title, description, and tags to your VoiceThread.
- Insert the LINK to your image source (if you found it online) on each individual photo.
- Change the publishing settings so the VoiceThread is PUBLIC and comments are MODERATED.
- Write a new post on your class blog about your VoiceThread.
- Share a few sentences about why you chose your topic.
- Share a few sentences about what you learned about using VoiceThread, what was difficult, what was easy, etc.
- Link to your VoiceThread digital story.
- Embed your VoiceThread digital story on your post.
- Leave at least ONE audio comment on the VoiceThread of your class blogging buddy.
- Optional: Record webcam video on at least one of your images.
This assignment is due NLT (no later than) Sunday, October 17, 2010.